Ever want to know how to wire wrap a briolette? It’s really easier than you think- and after you’re done, you’ll have a serious bead buying addiction like me! Proceed with caution…
- 2 pairs jewelry pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Necklace Chain
- Jump Ring
- 12 inches of wire
*A note about gauges: Jewelry wire comes in different thicknesses. The higher the gauge number, the thinner the wire will be. Make sure that when you’re buying your wire, you take into account of how small your bead’s holes are. This gemstone briolette has pretty small holes, so I used a 26 gauge wire.
Step 1: Feed the wire through the briolette leaving about 3 inches on one side.
Step 2: Bend both sides of the wire up and over each other
- Step 3: Bend the longer side of the wire into a loop around the pliers.
- Step 4: Do the same to the short side
- Step 5: Wrap the shorter side around the base of the loop 3 times, (holding your briolette with 1 pair of pliers, and do the wrapping with the second pair) then trim the short side off.
- Step 6: Wrap the remainder of the wire around the briolette until it covers the holes in the briolette on both sides. Trim off excess wire. Try to keep the trimmed edges on the same side for a cleaner look.
Step 7: Open a jump ring with your pliers and loop through the briolette.
- Step 8: Put the jump ring on your chain and close the jump ring with your pliers. Enjoy your new necklace!